March 27, 2009

Black Magic Woman

I'm in love with a new beauty, and I think I might leave my wife for her. An all-electric sports car? And it looks like a Porsche? And the company's named after a scientific wunderkind? Count. Me. In. Check out pics of the Tesla Roadster here, here, here, here, and the interior here. As for the Roadster, the only complaint that I MIGHT have is that the rear roll bar looks a little bit out of place in some pictures. But that's just being nit-picky.

Tesla Motors has also released more information regarding their new model, the S-Series. Pictures of the S are in short supply as of Google Image searches this morning, but should come more frequently now that the car has been revealed to the public. Or at least CNN.com's reading public. Here's the one pic I could find via Google.

Engadget.com has a brief article about the news release, stating the S will initially be around $60K, but government rebates will chop off around $7,500 on the sports sedan beauty. Attempts to contact Tesla were met by slow load times, but eventually yielded such interview-esque gems such as "The standard Model S does 0-60 mph in under six seconds and will have an electronically limited top speed of 130 mph, with sport versions expected to achieve 0-60 mph acceleration well below five seconds." When questioned about what should surely be small trunk space capacity, Tesla stated:

"The floor-mounted powertrain also results in unparalleled cargo room and versatility, as the volume under the front hood becomes a second trunk. Combining that with a four-bar linkage hatchback rear trunk and flat folding rear seats, the Model S can accommodate a 50-inch television, mountain bike *and* surfboard simultaneously. This packaging efficiency gives the Model S more trunk space than any other sedan on the market and more than most SUVs." ("Author's" Note: Now, I'm not sure what a floor-mounted powertrain is, or what any powertrain is for that matter, but there's just something about the thought of a sedan holding a big screen, a mountain bike and a surfboard, or hopefully a snowboard instead, that gets my motor revved.)

The S-Series also "can be recharged from any 120V, 240V or 480V outlet, with the latter taking only 45 minutes" and "expects to start Model S production in late 2011." So we're getting an extremely efficient, sexy beast of a car for around $50K?

So If you'll excuse me, I need to go take a very cold shower and finish sending out my resume.

Aloha!


Santana - Black Magic Woman


Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment