March 8, 2009

Welcome!

Okay, where, oh where to start? I suppose I should introduce myself and what I'm doing. Although, in all likelihood, the only people reading this are going to be me and my wife's dog. And that's before he gets fed up and leaves me to my own devices. Eh, whatever.

Who am I? To avoid the psycho-babble/philosophical/metaphysical rantings that will surely come later, I am currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago and pursuing my Master's Degree in Urban Planning, with a concentration on Community Development. I received my Bachelor's from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville (Go Vols!--a sure-to-be-recurring theme) in Sociology. However, I soon decided that I neither wanted to flip burgers or teach for the rest of my life, so I bit the bullet after some cajoling by my wife and re-entered the student populace. And I've loved every minute of it. Except for the homework.

I'm originally from Tennessee, and yes, sometimes I type with an accent. I was married in October 2008 to the light of my world, who will surely look at this as a GINORMOUS waste of time. But I have a little-known egotistical streak a mile-wide, so I'm taking a leap off of D-bag point and pretending as if people will want to know how/why I think the way I do. Plus, I can use this platform to rant and rave about any and everything. But, I digress. I'm a Southern boy living in the North and hope to have some nice stories to tell.

Unfortunately, I am still enrolled in school for the time being, so posts may be sparse for the near future, but rest assured: I have opinions, and WILL share them. On everything from tv to baseball to hockey to books to wine to food and back around to whatever I feel like. I won't curse, but will rather contract to words such as "d-bag," because, well, that's just how I want to do things. Everything else, you can figure out in the future. I'll leave you with some 'H' approved sites to bide your time until I return, and in the words of Adam Carolla, "Mahalo!"


Suggested blogs/sites:
http://oslos30th.blogspot.com/ (My buddy Os, a catchy writer)
http://www.tiricosuave.com/ (But be warned, foul language abounds)
http://jeffvrabel.com/ (Another fave of mine)
http://www.newcommunities.org/ (A Chicago planning-based blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment